Wednesday, December 21, 2005

change of cheesecake plans...

Well, I guess I spoke too soon about making a White Chocolate Raspberry cheesecake. I get home, get things ready to make my cheesecake and guess what?? No White Chocolate pieces. Guess I should look in the pantry FIRST before I get my heart and mouth set on a cheesecake. Well, what was I to do? Do I make a plain cheesecake, do I make a Bailey's one, or possibly Chocolate. I opted for the last one, good ol' Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake. I made the crust, then hte cake, put it in the pan, carefully put it in the oven and then realized I FORGOT THE RASPBERRY JELLY !! Oh no.. it was too late to try and fix it, so I ended up with a Chocolate Cheesecake. No harm done, at least not yet...

I only had to change the recipe slightly. Use cocoa powder instead of flour, and Semi-Sweet chips instead of white chips. And I had to increase the cooking time to over 1 hour and 25 minutes at 325*. That's probably the longest I've ever baked a cheesecake, but the center just would not set. The edges were getting dry and I had to put foil around hte edge to keept them from burning. But the result....A house that smelled of chocolate, and a cheesecake that came out almost perfect. Not even the slightest crack in it. That's the first in a while for me that didn't crack.

Oh, and I've been reprimanded by my sister for leaving out some vital imformation about her cheesecake recipe. She won First place with her cheesecake at a cooking contest in Po-Dunk (name changed to protect the guilty). Thanks Sis...

Also, I made this cake about 4 years ago for a contest at work and got first place with it as well. I even beat out another guy whom people swore his cheesecakes were the best ever made. All of the entries were numbered and when people tasted them, they thought mine was soo god that it just had to be this other guys and they voted for it ...HAHAAHHAAH. He was so mad, it was rumored that he didn't even work the rest of the day, but went home early with "a headache". LOL, yea a White Chocolate Raspberry cheesecake headache.

1 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Blogger Barbara said...

Bet that guy got "Doesn't play well with others" on his report card in school.....hehehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home