Monday, June 12, 2006

A tasty opportunity...

My sister and I have been talking over the last few weeks about taking some cooking classes (Yea, like we need cooking lessons!!). For those that read Biscuit Girl's blog (http://yougonnaeatallthat.blogspot.com/), you know that she lives around the Washington D.C. area. That area has probably the highest amount of culinary choices/experiences anyone could imagine. Many of the restaraunts in the area offer cooking classes, or demonstrations that include hands-on preparation, cooking, and plating, as well as wine pairings/tastings.

Biscuit Girl sent me a pretty large listing of restaraunts that offer cooking classes. There were so many to choose from...Lebanese, Italian, French, Asian, you name it.... The prices of these courses ranged from $40-$250 per class and last about 4 hours. While I could not come to a decision on the course I wanted to take, nor the time I wanted to take it, Biscuit Girl made the decision for me. We are going to take a course at Galileo working with lobster !!! YUMMMMM. It was a tough decision for me, especially not living in te area (I live in East Tennessee), so I'll have to fly up there and airfares are not cheap right now. Luckily I found a decently cheap flight, just over $200 round-trip. At least I'll be able to fly into Reagan National Airport, hop on the Metro, go a few stops and be at Biscuit Girl's home in no time.

One of the hardest parts of taking this class is I'll have to leave my wife, Dough-girl, at home. She really, really, wants to go back to D.C. to hit a few of the touristy spots that we were forced to miss due to 9/11. But she's not able to take the time off from work right now. I really hate doing this, but she'll have our two cats (Mini and Skittles) to comfort some. THANK YOU HONEY, I LOVE YOU !!!

I'll definitely post more on this when we take the class at the end of July.....Stay tuned...

1 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

It'actually Galileo Restaurant with Chef Roberto Donna teaching the class. Anyone who's seen Iron Chef recently may have seen him battle Morimoto.

The class is gonna be so much fun! Especially since you're doing it too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home