Tuesday, January 24, 2006

D'oh, D'oh, D'oh....

Once again, I've forgotten to get pics of the chili and tamales. I'm sorry ! :(

I've got to see about either keeping the camera in the kitchen or getting a camera to leave in there and upload them to the blog as I take them.

Ok, On with the blog.... The next comfort food I'm making is Pot Roast...Yummy.

Take a 2.5 lb chuck roast, place it into the crock pot, add carrots, celery, and onion. I use a packet of crock pot seasoning from the store. Mix it with 1 cup water, and pour over the top or the meat and veggies. Cover the crock, and turn on low for 8 hours.

After 8 hours, skim the fat off the top. Check for seasoning, and adjust if needed. Add in some diced potatoes and cover for another 15-30 minutes (depending on the size of the diced potatoes). And serve it up.

3 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Hey...Is that my old crock pot?

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Dough-Boy said...

Yes it is. Still works like a champ.

 
At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm...potatoes...mmmmm....carrots....mmmmm.MEAT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home