Saturday, January 07, 2006

Christmas is taking over our house

Well, I know it's after Chrsitmas, but the decorations are taking over our house.

Dough-girl and I had a modest amount of decorations for our little 1000 sqft. condo, but when we moved into a 2600 sqft. house, those decorations barely covered one room. So, what were we to do??? BUY MORE DECORATIONS !!!! We have a collection of Norman Rockwell houses and until now we had about 10, now we have 15. Our nice 6 ft tall prelit tree looked like a twig inour living room so ww borrowed an extra tree from mom. A 7.5 ft tree, but not prelit. Now we don't have enough decorations to cover that size tree...Ugh... Well, enough aboutthe inside of the house, let's enter Dough-boy's Christmas domain....Exterior Illumination and Decoration.... I keep telling the wife the house will look just like the Griswold's next year.... her reply...that's fine, you pay the electric bill anyway.

Icicle lights. Our condo only needed 2 strings of light, the house...5 for just the lower gutter, and 3 more for the upper. I only had 4 strings before Christmas, so I only did part of the lower one. I bought the fancy LED Icile lights, but returned them because the white ones do not look good. They give off a nice white light, but around that it a blue-ish hue that looks weird. So I returned them and dug out the old ones and some that were packed awat for a few years. But, I bought more lights on Christmas Eve, and next year we will have light on both sets of gutters.

Bushes and Trees. The condo had a few azalea bushes and a 8 foot cedar trees in front. The house, 8 bushes, a railing, 9 windows, etc... So, I hung up our homemade wreath on the front of the house, and had to buy 8 sets of net lights to cover the bushes. Let me just say, net lights are a wonderful invention. No more getting dizzy walking around hte tree or bush, just open up the net and wrap it around the bush, tuck in the edges, and plug it in.

Windows. After we had our pitiful set of light and decorations up, we noticed a neighbor had little wreaths with red bows in each window. It looked perfec for us, but would cost a fortune. So, we said we'll get them later. Well, the day after Christmas, I hit the decoration sales and bought 9 wreaths, 4 sets of prelit garland, and storage bags for it all. All we need are the giant suction cups to hang them on the windows. Time to scour the internet for a bargain....

I don't have any pictures...I've got to keep my camera strapped to my hip from now on. But next year I'll get some..

3 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Clark, the house looks great! But the little lights....they're not twinkling.....

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Dough-Boy said...

Thanks for noticing...

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clark is the house on fire.....?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home