Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I need to be taken out back and flogged

Ok, so I've been bad and forgettful and neglected my blog yet again !!!! I'm sorry, I should be taken out back and flogged with a .....er, nevermind. I don't need to go there...

Anyway, once again things got busy, and I wasn't very creative with my cooking, unless you consider scrambled eggs and bacon fancy cookin'.

Well, since the last update my wifes grandmother (guess that makes her my grandmother-in-law) passed away. She was in the hospital and we found out she had terminal colon and liver cancer....yea, not very good news. Well, upon further investigation we found that all treatments had been stopped and they were trying to get her into a hospice or other facility. A few days later she was put into a Rehabilition Facility (I guess it was the only one to take her insurance and volume of O2 she required). About a week and a half later we were called to say she passed away. So the last few weeks have been a mad dash to go throught her home and sort out the good stuff from the garbage.

Now that her place is cleared out, the junk hauled away, the trash piled into dumpsters, and the important papers and valuable furniture hauled to our home we have started on sorting through boxes and boxes of cancelled checks, and bank statements from the 1950's to current; notes scribbled down on nakpins and envelopes; to saved newspapers from landing on the moon, to the 1982 World's Fair, and the Blizzard of 1998. If anyone needs toilet paper, just let me know because we have enought TP to last us till the next iceage.

All of that aside, I'm still taking my mini-vacation to D.C. to see my sis and enjoy Sushi till I grow gills, and attend a cooking class at Galileo this Saturday. It's a 5 course meal featuring lobster. YUMMMMMM. I'll be sure to take pictures and post them when I get home.

1 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Til you grow gills? Geesh, this is gonna be expensive.......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home